Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released the notification for SSC CGL 2017. The Staff Selection Commission that conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) examination every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non-gazetted posts in various ministries, departments and organisations of the government will issue the notice about the test on May 16. The SSC CGL 2017 Notification is uploaded on the official. Read this article, to know more about SSC CGL Recruitment 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Important Dates
- Notification Date: 16.05.2017
- Closing Date: 16.06.2017
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I) Date : 01.08.2017-20.08.2017
- Tier-II Exam date: 10.11.2017 & 11.11.2017
- Date of Tier-III (Descriptive): 21.01.2018
- Date of Tier-IV (Skill test)- Feb, 2018
SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
(A) For the post of Compiler – The student must have completed his/ her graduation in stream of Economics/Statistics/Mathematics as a compulsory subject or Elective subject.
(B) For the post of Statistical Investigator Grade – II – The student must have completed his/ her Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from a recognised University with at least 60% marks in Mathematics at class 12th level
Bachelor’s Degree in any stream with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(C) For all other posts- The student must have completed his/ her Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University.
|Maxi. 32 years|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 30 years|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 years|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|SI in Central Bureau
|20 – 30 years|
|All Other posts||18 – 27 years|
Application Fee & Mode of Payment: Rs. 100 (One hundred only)
How to Apply-
Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at www.ssconline.nic.in
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- Computer Based Examination – Tier -I
- Computer Based Examination – Tier -II
- Tier -III Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Stage 1: SSC CGL Tier-1
(For VH &
Stage 2: SSC CGL Tier-2
Stage 3: SSC CGL Tier-3
This is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode. It will be of total 60 minutes of time duration.
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2017
Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at www.ssconline.nic.in for SSC CGL recruitment. Follow below step to apply online.
- First Visit Official website of SSC Online i.e. http://ssconline.nic.in/
- Then Click on “Apply online” link
- Fill Yours details, uploading your photo & signature
- Complete the last step by Making your payment
- Download SSC CGL 2017 Application Form
- Save for further use.
SSC CGL 2017 Apply Online Click Here